modules and kernel elements

Ben Ransom bransom at ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 14 19:29:42 UTC 2004

I see, looking in /usr/src/linux-<VERSION>/configs and grepping the
appropriate file for "=m" will show the default list of modules.  It is
still a little muddy however, as the list of "=m" from the above file does
not match the list of "=m" from the .config file built with 'make oldconfig'

The main point tho is that I do not want to make a new kernel image and set
of modules that is different from out of box -- at least as a starting
point before customizing.  Is this why you suggest simply copying over
/usr/src/linux-<VERSION>/configs/<APPROPRIATE_FILE> to
/usr/src/linux-<VERSION>/.config?  (and then do make xconfig)
Thanks,
-Ben