DHCP server/client problem

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Dec 16 01:02:22 UTC 2004

I'm afraid that I don't really know.  But, by the same token, I don't
really think it's necessary for anything.  It's not set on my systems, and
everything is working just fine.

If you're looking for your DHCP connected systems to have the right domain
name after their machine name, you really just need to make sure that your
reverse DNS file for your network has the FQDN set in it.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Cordell, Ron wrote:

> The "search" line in resolv.conf is populated like I expect it to be.
>
> I thought that I had read that the "domain-name" option set the "domain"
> parameter in resolv.conf. Hmmm.
>
> In that case, what sets the "domain" parameter in the resolv.conf?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -ronc

Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit