Samba issue - Newbie looking for some advice

IAK Tanoli sendtoimtiaz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 09:39:43 UTC 2004

You have to set security level in samba or if you want
simple sharing without authentication then ....backup
original smb.conf. Create new smb.conf with minimal
configuration just for sharing... with the following
contents...

##server configuration for peer to peer file sharing##
[global]
   workgroup = MYGROUP
   server string = Samba Server

                  printcap name = /etc/printcap