Weird Characters...

Sean Kirkpatrick Sean.Kirkpatrick at PipelineTrading.com
Wed Dec 1 13:57:24 UTC 2004

Hi Nikhil,

I managed to cause the same problem on my machine a few days ago.  It looks like the terminals are in binary mode.  Execute "reset" and see if that switches it back to text.

--Sean Kirkpatrick

This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer and files. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material contained herein is strictly forbidden. Pipeline Trading Systems, LLC - Member NASD & SIPC.
-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Mulley, Nikhil
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 12:48 AM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: Weird Characters...

Hi All,
I am a Fedora 2 user , My problem is that whenever something happens or I do some decrypting  files , I find that my xterm console is filled with weird characters  , to get rid of that , I tried to
invoke a new shell , but no avail .
Here is the glimpse of my problem on the console

óÌ3tsc
      _;Î ôÔÇâðúXÖ<÷úf[¸ ÊJß»q;
                               Vï S8<ÿ¿4nkkUZ x ¾O0
                                                   +X)´Ð#&¿H¿Øñ×Õ

Is this a new Text Format or new UNICode for text , I do not understand ,
If I want to flush this screen and get correct characters or encoding of characters , What should I be doing ?
Please help me , this is happening with me very frequently ...

Thanks,
Nikhil
 °v°
/(_)\