Largefile support

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Wed Dec 1 19:21:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

We have just migrated a system from a debian 3.0-stable box to RedHat ES
3.0, the migration went smoothly except that the application we were
running under debian now appears to have a filesize limitation on the log
files.

As soon as the logfile reaches 2gig in size the daemon crashes.

Filesytem type is ext3

On the debian system the same application ran quite happily with logfiles
> 2G

we are using the same source tree in both instances which tends to point
toward something in the OS itself ? (mount options ?)

Has anyone come over this before or know a work around ?

--
Steve.