NFS Troubleshooting

Brian McGrew Brian at doubledimension.com
Thu Dec 2 19:06:19 UTC 2004

Help!

We've got several Sun Solaris 8 servers and even more Linux 7.3 servers
that are all exporting file systems via NFS.  All the clients are Linux.
The clients can always mount the Sun's either with the automounter or in
the fstab file without any problems.

However, the clients can not always mount the Linux servers.  Sometimes
I can mount a Linux server without issue and other times I get a
permission denied.  It seems like it's pretty much random but I don't
know.

The clients are on a different subnets and vlans.  I'm thinking there is
some sort of RPC problem somewhere but I have no idea what to even go
look at.

Anyone???

Thanks,

-brian