Experiences with Mail servers

Chris Mason lists at masonc.com
Sun Dec 5 17:19:04 UTC 2004

I already use MainScanner with ClamAV and F-prot, Spamassassin, and they are
great. However, my problem is not with the delivery of mail, it is with
accessing IMAP. That is the only service creating such heavy loads.
It was suggested I move to maildir, that seems to be the predominant
opinion. I wil try to migrate a test setup to maildir and if the migration
is successful, do it on the main server.
Thanks for the advice, I have found the MailScanner list people very
knowledgeable and I did not think to ask them for advice.

Chris Mason