Experiences with Mail servers

Sander Steffann steffann at nederland.net
Mon Dec 6 23:31:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

> What about dropping the messages if no such user exists?  Is there a way
> to do that within Postfix?  I wouldn't think that mail would want to be
> working in that fashion, but...maybe there's a way?

This is no problem using Postfix. Look at the following manual on the
Postfix website called "Rejecting Unknown Local Recipients with Postfix":
http://www.postfix.org/LOCAL_RECIPIENT_README.html

There are also examples on the Postfix website and in the Postfix
mailing-list archives.

We have been using Postfix for a few years now. It has been easy to use, but
still very flexible. I really recommend it.
Sander.