LDAP useradd tool

Justin Crabtree crabtrej at otc.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:22:13 UTC 2004

Ryan Golhar wrote:
> Is there a command-line tool similar to useradd available for ldap?

Depends on how similar you want it to be.  The openldap-clients package
provides several command-line tools for managing a ldap server.  The
ldapmodify command can be used to add entries, but it is not as simple
as useradd.  When I need to add a user manually, I usually build a ldif
file and use a shell script that uses ldapmodify to run it into the
server.  Not the simplest process, but it works.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer