LDAP useradd tool

Daniel Eugenin M. deugenin at linuxcenterla.com
Tue Dec 7 15:28:39 UTC 2004

El mar, 07-12-2004 a las 08:22 -0600, Justin Crabtree escribió:
> Ryan Golhar wrote:
> > Is there a command-line tool similar to useradd available for ldap?
> >

> Depends on how similar you want it to be.  The openldap-clients package
> provides several command-line tools for managing a ldap server.  The
> ldapmodify command can be used to add entries, but it is not as simple
> as useradd.  When I need to add a user manually, I usually build a ldif
> file and use a shell script that uses ldapmodify to run it into the
> server.  Not the simplest process, but it works.

You can try with samba-tools package (from DAG repository).
Or you must install samba package and use de scripts
from /usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.7/LDAP/smbldap-tools

With this scripts you will have commands, such us:
smbldap-useradd
smbldap-userdel
smbldap-usermod
smbldap-groupadd
smbldap-groupdel

--
Daniel Eugenin M.                          http://www.linuxcenterla.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer                 Canada #239 Piso 5