httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at Weiss.name
Thu Dec 9 13:59:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 diego.veiga at embraer.com.br wrote:

> Could please someone help me.
> I don't know more where to look for...
> OS: Fedora 3
<snip>

Okay, I didn't see where you'd been answered, so if you haven't, here's
how I work my boxes.

You're going to have to put your FQDN (fully qualified domain name) in
your /etc/hosts file.  How you do that depends upon whether you have a
static IP or a dynamic IP.

For the examples below, we'll say that your host name is mypc.example.com

---------
Static IP: 192.168.1.2

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
192.168.1.2	mypc.example.com	mypc

--------

Dynamic IP

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1	mypc.example.com  mypc  localhost.localdomain  localhost

Note that the line above me is all one line, in case of wrapping.

HTH,

Ben