Soundcard Help

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Dec 11 04:14:31 UTC 2004

Dremth wrote:
> I already told you it worked in windows.
>
> "It worked on Windows but on Red Hat 9 it doesn't work at all and never
> did on Linux"
>
> I don't remember what soundcard I have exactly... I think it's Neomagic
> but I don't know the model number. Is there a way I can figure that out?

You will have to determine what kind of card you have.

Try "lspci" and see what it outputs.

You could also consider opening your system, pulling out the soundcard
and seeing if something is written on the board.  :-)

Ed

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".