Help, I think I lost my boot sector

Bud Curtis bud.curtis at direcway.com
Fri Dec 10 06:19:50 UTC 2004

Thank all of you for your help,

I did boot from the RH9.0 CD and selected the RH upgrade.  I'm pretty sure I
checked the checkbox to have Grub installed.  That didn't seem to fix
anything (It didn't hurt anything either).

I was wondering if I needed to go through the system upgrade and select
LILO, then go through the update again and install GRUB.

I wasn't having a WIN2K boot problem, I was just verifying the CD would
boot.  It turned out to be a costly experiment.

Since the boot sector appears to be damaged, do I need to complete the WIN2K
install and then go through the Linux upgrade to get GRUB back?  Perhaps the
current state of the boot sector didn't let the RH upgrade to write over it.
--
Bud Curtis
Colorado Springs, CO
"Otto Haliburton" <ottohaliburton at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:004001c4de4d$12121700$4601a8c0 at C515816A...

> [...]
and