How to adjust the printout position with CUPS

Michael Wu mwu at mail2.tercel.com.tw
Fri Dec 17 04:35:40 UTC 2004

> 主題 (Subject):
> Re: How to adjust the printout position with CUPS
> 寄信人 (From):
> Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>
> 日期:
> Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:42:34 +0800
> 收信人(To):
> General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>
>
> 收信人(To):
> General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>
>

>Michael Wu wrote:
>

>>Dear all,
>>
>>I can adjust the printout position with the file gs_init.ps when I use
>>LPrng, but I cannot find out the equivalent when I use CUPS. I have
>>googled with the keywords "cups" "gs_init.ps" "margin", and "
>>alignment"; however, there are no satisfactory results appeared. Please
>>give me some guide or directions if available.
>>
>>Thank you for any assistance in advance.
>>

>You didn't say what version of the OS you are running....
>
>On RHELv3 when running "redhat-config-printer" going to the "Queue
>options" tab one gets options like "Top margin" and such.
>
>Is that helpful?

  Sorry for my late response because I use the digest mode and my
timezone is Taiwan.

  The version I use is RedHat 7.3 because it is running on a outdated
box for testing. As for your suggestion, I think maybe it is related to
the lpr options as described in the web page "
http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/general-list/2004q2/005285.html "
( please correct me if I am wrong ). It is not the adjustment I want. In
the old LPrng system, I can tune the printout position with the method
described in the web page, "
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/linux.redhat.digest/browse_thread/thread/da3adc0e98dc3f4f?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&seekm=19991129225955.20152.qmail%40lists.redhat.com#s
" ( the article "Printer Adjustments---Solution" ); but I don't know
where to tune with the CUPS system.

  Thank you for your suggestion and look forward to other responses.

                       Michael