How to adjust the printout position with CUPS

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Dec 17 04:56:59 UTC 2004

Michael Wu wrote:

>   Sorry for my late response because I use the digest mode and my
> timezone is Taiwan.

That is also my timezone.  :-)

>   The version I use is RedHat 7.3 because it is running on a outdated
> box for testing. As for your suggestion, I think maybe it is related to
> the lpr options as described in the web page "
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/general-list/2004q2/005285.html "
> ( please correct me if I am wrong ). It is not the adjustment I want. In
> the old LPrng system, I can tune the printout position with the method
> described in the web page, "
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/linux.redhat.digest/browse_thread/thread/da3adc0e98dc3f4f?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&seekm=19991129225955.20152.qmail%40lists.redhat.com#s
> " ( the article "Printer Adjustments---Solution" ); but I don't know
> where to tune with the CUPS system.

????

CUPS is not LPrng.  So, the methods used to achieve the same outcome are
going to be different.

In any event the LPrng solution you reference above they are talking
about changes not to LPrng but to ghostscript.  Ghostscript is
independent of the print spooler solution.

Thus, if you are printing something and it is not being processed by gs
then the changes to the file won't make any difference.

I feel it would be best if you actually define your problem as opposed
to defining a solution.

Ed

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".