Incorrect Login for root

IAK Tanoli sendtoimtiaz at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 09:28:20 UTC 2004

try booting in single user... change root password...
run command "pwconv" to update the /etc/shadow file
and "pwck" to check if there is any error in
/etc/passwd file. Also after changing password try
switching to nomral user by: # su - $username . If it
can login then again by that normal users try # su -
to login by root.  It must  ask root passwd give root
passwd. If all went ok then "init 3" or "init 5" will
be your choice.

=====
--

Imtiaz Ahmed Khan