Incorrect Login for root

Pierre de Witt pierrede at transtel.co.za
Tue Dec 21 13:30:45 UTC 2004

Have you changed your authentication method?

In single user mode run authconfig and switch all besides the default
authentication method. (Don't know if authconfig is available in 6.2 ??)

Pierre de Witt

"Scalone, Galen" <Galen.Scalone at vacationclub.com>
Sent by: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
2004/12/20 09:50 PM
Please respond to
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>

"General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
RE: Incorrect Login for root

Can you log in as a regular user, then su to root?
/etc/securetty?