RHCE exam prep advice

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Dec 21 18:41:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 01:20:41PM -0500, Lew Bloch wrote:
> "O'Neill, Donald \(US - Deerfield\)" :
> >I just came back from RH300 training..$2400.  Passed the RHCE.. I'm
> >selling the course material they gave us.. It includes 14 chapters plus
> >labs..
> >
> I'm sure enough RH employees are watching this list that if "O'Neill,
> Donald \(US - Deerfield\)" is wrong, they'll tell him.

They are aware of this auction and I'm surprised that eBay hasn't yanked
the auction yet.  As I understand it, this is a violation of the
copyrights on the materials.

I know at least 2 Red Hat instructors follow taroon-list (Hi Steve &
Chuck!).  I don't know if they follow redhat-list as well.

For the rest of you, you should be aware that the RHCE is a privilege,
not a right, and Red Hat does have the power to yank your certification
if you violate any Red Hat training copyrights:
"Should Participant violate any of Red Hat's copyrights or should
Participant be a party to use or distribution of training materials that
violates Red Hat's copyright, this Agreement will immediately terminate,
and Participant may be subject to other civil claims."
That's section 6 in https://www.redhat.com/training/certification/rhce/logos/

Yup, if you bought this to get your RHCE, you could potentially be
stripped of the RHCE honor.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA