strange squid problem

Paal Marker paal at barum.folkebibl.no
Wed Dec 22 18:00:40 UTC 2004

In this network there are a mix of ms-windows w2k and nt4,  and rh8
workstations,  server rh9  running squid 2.5  When squid is running, all
of the windows workstations get only a blank page after logging in to
the microsoft hotmail service. By logging in from redhat workstations
hotmail works as normal.  We have no other problems in other sites,

Emptying the squid cache does not help,  but when the squid service is
totally stopped we can log into hotmail also on the ms-windows
workstations.  No doubt that squid is the problem here.

Have anybody seen this before?