Window Manager selection from greeter

Roy Mac roymac.2 at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 23 17:39:30 UTC 2004

I am trying to find out how the "Session" Window Manager selection process
works from within greeter.  Basically, the files behind the scenes.  The end
goal is to add a few more window managers as a selection.  I have found
gdmconfig - but this seems to be for the main greeter window and not the
subwindows.

The installation of WindowMaker was a pain.  I had to modify
switchdesk-helper as follows:
#        [ ! -x /usr/bin/wmaker ] && NotFound WindowMaker
        [ ! -x /usr/local/bin/wmaker ] && NotFound WindowMaker

I am currently running FC3.
Any useful pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, roymac