up2date and problems with X, others

Barry Schiffman schiffo2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 17:47:05 UTC 2004

I tried what you suggested. the X11 path was in the
conf file, but I reran it anyway and failed to get my
icons back.

Looking around further, I see various groups of
updates in the up2date log never got installed but now
even the old versions are missing from the rpm
database. I tried rebuilding the database, but no
help.

None of the XFree updates made it; the arts package
did not, but the next one, aspell did.

Mozilla is gone from the db and from the machine. Same
with pango -- at least I got an error message when
trying to install firefox on that box about bad image
file formats and a suggestion to install pango.

Would it make sense to try to force the XFree and
other stuff from the RH cd, and then rerun up2date?

--- "Schott, Erik J Mr ANOSC/FCBS"