Configuring a keyboard shortcut on desktop

Mulley, Nikhil mnikhil at corp.untd.com
Sat Dec 25 09:21:02 UTC 2004

Hi,
Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to all of You :)

I am using GNOME on my new Fedora Core 3 Desktop , How can I configure my keyboard Shorcut to have restart when ever I press my Num-Side '/' , so that When Ever I press '/' on Numpad of my Keyboard the System should actually restart.the privileges should not matter at any case as it is a single Desktop and currently I am the only person using it , So Shutdown should not ask for root privileges.

I think its to be done some where with the help of 'gconf-editor' , can some please guide me how to , or Should I simply change the <Ctrl><Alt><Del> Sequence with Numpad's '/' in /etc/inittab file.
Which one is the good practice ?

Thanks,
Nikhil

 °v°