Global Filesystem Limits

Markus Miller mmiller at cruzverde.cl
Wed Dec 29 21:12:47 UTC 2004

Hi Ben,

you right, Kernel 2.6 sopports much larger devices, but it will take more than a couple of weeks unitl oracle certifies its database on RH 4. I also do not know if GFS will be awailable right away for RH 4.

Anyway, if there would be only a limitation of 2 TB per device and if I could use serveral GFS in our cluster it would be ok. But if I could use only 2 TB as a total for the GFS Server, this would be fatal.

So, does anybody have any experience with GFS and large storage?

Thanks and regards,
Markus