support for controller and Serial ATA

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Thu Feb 19 09:35:38 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 05:07 pm, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 15:48 2/18/2004, you wrote:
> >I have been using multiple Promise cards under RH7.3 (and Win NT4) in
> > boxes with up to 12 IDE drives, with no problems at all.
>
> Are you using RAID or just IDE? In either case, with which driver?

When you say Promise doesn't work very well, do you mean Promise Hardware
RAID? I was just looking for the controller, and then do Software RAID.

If I want to do Hardware RAID, I think I'd go with 3ware. But right now I
can't find 3ware that just do controller (ie. the cheap one).

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy