Fate of RedHat

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Tue Feb 24 08:42:01 UTC 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 07:41 pm, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 02:04:03PM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
<snip>
> If they *do* currently allow unrestricted access to the SRPMs, it may be
> an oversight, and  I can't count on it in the future.  Blocking access
> to customers who didn't buy the version with that particular package
> bundled into the distro would be very much in line with their attempt to
> add to the revenue stream to support the cost of testing, integration,
> and RPM packaging.

My impression is that the access to SRPMS is not an oversight. Someone
complained in taroon-list that some SRPMS updates are not in the FTP site
(yet). One redhat person replied that _that_ might be an oversight (not
having the SRPMS in FTP) and they're there the next day or so.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy