Dell GX270 / Intel 865 Graphics Cards / XFree86 4.3.0

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Wed Feb 25 16:13:09 UTC 2004

I'm running into a problem getting X-Windows to run with a decent
resolution on a Dell GX 270 with the Intel 865 Graphics Cards (64 MB
video ram).  I have seen messages regarding the BIOS revision and tried
flashing the BIOS with A02 and A01 with no luck.  Right now, I have 3
machines (all identical) with one BIOS being A01, another A02, and the
third A03.

I can only get 1024x768 with 8 bit color depth running.  Anything higher
gives the error "No Video BIOS modes for chosen depth".  I'm running
Enterprise Workstation v3.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

-----
Ryan Golhar
Analyst II
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu