Mail Server Software Suggestions?

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Thu Feb 26 11:44:27 UTC 2004

You can use sendmail with POP or IMAP for your mail server. (outlook can
be configured to point to either a POP or IMAP server.

For your Web interface you can use Squirrelmail.

All of the above come with RHES3 and are FREE. I'm running it on RH9. I
keep the IMAP and POP ports blocked thru my firewall, only allowing it to
be used intenally (on the intranet). I use Squirrelmail as a web interface
and I also have it configured to use SSL which makes the connection
encrypted. I've been using it for quite a while and I have no issues...

Squirrelmail comes as an rpm and you'll have to configure your sendmail.

www.squirrelmail.org

James