Cron runs twice a day?

Steve steve at focb.co.nz
Sun Feb 29 23:07:25 UTC 2004

I think you may need to describe what you are doing a little more.

Cron as a process runs at bootup time and stays running while your PC is
powered up (unless of course it crashes :-) )

It then wakes up every minute and checks the crontab (/etc/crontab) and
the files in /var/spool/cron (system dependant) to see if it should do
anything.

As such your question doesnt really make any sense as cron is constantly
running..

--
Steve.