/dev/cdrom just disapeared

Garcia Juan jgarcia.2 at caramail.com
Sun Feb 29 23:27:16 UTC 2004

Hello everybody,

i'm quite newbie to linux. I installed RH9 on my laptop a few weeks ago, almost everything was working ok (cdrom
included) but last friday an error message appeared while booting, it was "fstab cannot stat /dev/cdrom, not such
file", i looked for the file but it's nowhere, i don't know what to do,  i was thinking to boot on rescue mode and
then to reinstall the packetages which control devices, but i don't know how to do it (saying it is easier than
doing it) or if there is an easier way to solve this problem, please i need help, i really need the cdrom woking.
Thanks for all your help.
Best regards,

Garcia Juan

Pour gagner une Playstation 2, envoyez un SMS avec le code PS au 61321 (0,35 euro hors coût du SMS).