Recognizing the Intel 82801EB AC'97 Audio Controller 865G chipset

I've got a new Dell at work and Xwindows recognized to use of the
i810 driver but the i810_audio/ac97_codec drivers doesn't seem to work
to give me any audio, indicating it can't find the device.  Is there
some /etc/modules.conf entry I need to make to tell it to find the
device?

BTW, I've got a fairly new Sony/VAIO at home which recognizes to use
the i810_audio and ac97_codec.  This is rather confusing as the source
for the i810_audio driver has defines for the 865G chipset.

Any help would be appreciated.