RH Fedora network interfaces

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Feb 19 09:29:10 UTC 2004

At 18:58 2/18/2004, you wrote:
>I have full connectivity.  Do a full shutdown, boot up
>again, everything works PERFECTLY.  Cool.  Do a warm-reboot - and we're
>back to
>square one - Fedora comes up with the same exact message, e100 device cannot
>find eth0 / eth1, and manually trying to bring these interfaces up with ifup
>eth0 / ifup eth1 results in... nothing (same error message as during bootup
>about missing e100 devices).

Check with Intel, the mobo maker, or the server supplier? Possible hardware
problem? Does this work with older RH OS's or any other OS's (i.e. is it
Fedora-specific)?

I've had some fair experience building boxen and I've never seen this
problem before, or anything like it... so I'm concerned that it might
actually be hardware-related (or PROM/BIOS-related).

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com