Recognizing the Intel 82801EB AC'97 Audio Controller 865G chipset

aederhaag at comcast.net aederhaag at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 10:16:15 UTC 2004

Sorry if this a duplicate but I haven't received it back confirming it
was distributed to the list...

I've got a new Dell at work and Xwindows recognized it needed to use
the i810 video driver but the i810_audio/ac97_codec drivers for audio
don't seem to want to work, indicating instead that the kernel can't
find the device.  Is there some /etc/modules.conf magic I need to do
to make it find the device?

BTW, I've got a fairly new Sony/VAIO at home which recognizes to use
the i810_audio and ac97_codec.  This is rather confusing as the source
for the i810_audio driver has defines for the 865G chipset the machine
at work uses.

Any help would be appreciated.