Re: support for controller and Serial ATA

On Thursday 19 February 2004 12:40 am, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Another thing I'm considering is to use Serial ATA card and Serial ATA
> > drives instead, because they're faster.
>
> Is this true? I've never seen anything beat Ultra 320 SCSI with 15K
> drives in striped RAID.

I don't know if you compare it with SCSI. I was referring to comparing it with
regular IDE hard drive, SATA is faster with almost the same price. And surely
it's more cost efficient compares to SCSI.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy