Re: Email addresses spoofing

Yes, I will compile my notes, etc. and shoot them over to you as soon as I get them all gathered up. It would be cool to see this all in a how-to.

At 14:28 2/19/2004, you wrote:
I since have moved to using a MailScanner/MailWatch/ClamAV/SpamAssassin solution with ActiveSpamKiller (ASK) along with Sendmail, and what a difference it has made. Spam went to 0% overnight, with no false positives or false negatives so far. What is more, is that with ASK, my users take care of their own white/black listing themselves via email. I have not had to intervene yet! And I feel that our Windows workstations are more secure if not immune from Viri.

I am trying to write a HOWTO on how to do this with Fedora, in conjunction with Ben Weiss who brings the Postfix expertise to the table. And actually, he's progressing a lot more quickly than I am...

Do you have any docs, URL's, pointers, etc. to which you can point me on how you did all this? Or would you care to drop me some notes commenting on what steps you took? It would make the HOWTO much better, much more quickly.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com