From: Ed Wilts [mailto:ewilts ewilts org]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 1:26 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Re: Disk Full Problem....

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:06:20PM -0500, Srinivas Koppisetti wrote:
> Today on one of our production server the database was hanging, we dig in
> see what was happening, we found that the disk is full. I dont know what
> do. Any suggestions...,

First start to see if anything unusual is filling the disk.  Look for
large files.  For example, this will find all files over 100MB in size:
# find / -size +100000k -exec ls -l {} \;

Do you have any reports to show the growth over time?  Did you suddenly
lose a lot of space or has it been slowing growing until it filled?

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org