How to get RPMs without up2date?

Hamilton Andrew Andrew.Hamilton at afccc.af.mil
Fri Feb 20 13:33:00 UTC 2004

Bob,

This solution may or may not work for you depending on what you want to do,
but it may give you some other ideas.  I do something like this because I
have servers that don't ever connect to the internet and they have to
updated as well.

I have up2date configured to save the rpms after the install, I do an
up2date -u via a cronjob, which works just fine.  I then have the job move
the newly installed rpms into a repository that is then transferred into my
interior nework.  I then have jobs that update my interior hosts, and I
never lift a finger.  You might get some use out of that and you might not
or as they say "your mileage may vary...".

Regards,

Drew