Fate of RedHat

Steve steve at focb.co.nz
Sun Feb 22 17:55:01 UTC 2004

Dont get me wrong, I've had enough swearing at Oracle installations as
well (tho mostly under solaris - suprisingly the linux installation I did
went suprisingly well - but then, I was expecting the wrost)

Enough infact to quite happily tell anyone even thinking of using Oracle
to investigate other alternatives extensivly before going down that track,
but if there was no other option - then advising on using a supported OS
is also topmost on a list of recommendations for just this reason.

_when_ it turns to crap the Oracle peeps cant weasle out of it.

This is rather seriously off topic for these lists however and it may be
an idea to just let this thread die.

In Summary,

* I firmly believe Redhat showing a "more commercial" front is the right
thing that has to happen for linux to move past the "SME/Home user"
environment in any big way.

* Oracle Sux - just say NO to Oracle.

* There are enough different linux versions for everyone to be able to get
the combinations they want - lets not be finatical and laude each
distribution for what it brings to the market place.

* My similarity with the thoughts of marketing people disturbs me as well,
I would just like to say that while I can explain how they think I dont
necessarily agree with their thought processes :-)

Oh, and no offence taken by your 'rant' :-)

--
Steve.