Fate of RedHat

Dave Ihnat ignatz at dminet.com
Sun Feb 22 19:37:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 12:52:25PM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> Source rpms are currently available, although under the GPL they only
> have to be available to those that Red Hat distributes the binaries to.
>
> Binary rpms are not available.

Right.  Meaning:

(1) I can't install these on a client site--unless I can either convince
    the client to pay me to D/L, build, and install SRPMs, or I volunteer
    to do so gratis (not).

(2) I can get "fresher" patched (but untested) source distros from the parent
    organization, if I have to build from source anyway.  So RPM is junked.
--
	Dave Ihnat
	ignatz at dminet.com