Re: Need to setup cell phone as data modem

Billy Davis wrote:

Has anybody successfully gotten a Motorola v60c cell phone, attached to a Redhat 9 laptop via usb cable, to
properly dial and connect to a remote Redhat server and
allow the laptop to logon?  I have read other peoples
attempts to do this, and on person claims that it is
supported by 'out of the box' Redhad.  However, when
I plug the phone into a usb port on the laptop, I get the
following messages in /var/log/messages:
hub.c: new USB device 00:0c.0-1, assigned address 2 usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x22b8/0x5) is not claimed by any active driver
/etc/hotplug/usb.agent ... no modules for USB product 22b8/5/1

Here's your answer - there's no driver (module) found for the device. Without that, the below won't work either (obviously).

When I use 'cu -l' with various device names (ttyUSB0,
 ttyACM0, ttyS0, etc), I cannot get a connection.  Can
anyone help???

Find a Linux driver to suit what you're trying to do.

Regards,
Ed.