From: redhat-list-admin redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of Robert Canary
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 6:45 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Re: Fate of RedHat

Okay I'll ask agin...

Why is this subject comming up? There is obviously something I have missed....where is RedHat going? and why did you mention 9.0 specifically?

Redhat as we know it will no longer be supported after April 2004.  You will
have to pay to buy it and the support.

Richard Crawford wrote:

Thomas E. Dukes wrote:

I was just wondering if there is a general concensus (sp) of what everyone is planning to do when RedHat 9.0 is no longer supported?

Are most going to the Fedora Project or paying to go to the Enterprise Linux?

The EL is freely available for download in .iso form on

the internet
if you "look". Would I get in trouble for installing it?

I really
don't care to pay for support anyway.

TIA

I'll be switching to SuSE and Debian for my network soon.