Oracle and RedHat

Dear Friends:

I had posted a message "ranting" about Oracle's shortcommings on Red Hat
Linux. I still have a couple of questions.

1. Is it appropriate for vendors like Oracle to certify their product for
distribution from one particular Linux distributor?
This gives the impression that there is Linux and then there is RedHat
Linux as opposed to being a mere distribution of it. I abhor the idea of
forking. We have already paid a heavy price as a result of forking of
Unix.

2. Oracle's marketing claims that RedHat has certain code as part of RHEL
which is not public yet. If that is true and that private code is still
called Linux, would Red Hat Linux still be in compliance with GPL?

I appreciate your response.

Regards.

Ravi Verma
001-9167053261