Re: Fate of RedHat

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 08:00:56PM -0600, Robert Canary wrote:
> I never have done the free download, I always
> purchased the server box sets.  However, while I
> use the RHN (under the demo license) I never
> thought it was right for me to pay for the updates.
>
> Since I have always purchased the box sets, dose
> this mean the only thing really different will be
> the RHN and the availablilty of "up2date --update"
> directories?

Fedora is free - there will never be a box set.  So, if you migrate to
Fedora, teh only really different thing will be that you'll save money.

If you buy the boxed Red Hat Professional Workstation (around $80-85),
you'll get a free year of RHN/up2date.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org