From: IAK Tanoli [mailto:sendtoimtiaz yahoo com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 4:20 AM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Re: env variables

add that environment varial in ".bash_porfile" located in your home directory.

Kalin Mintchev <kalin el net> wrote:

hi all..

i posted this once but i didn't get my posts and eventual responses (but
i'm getting the list's mail) so i'm doing it again. i apologize if is a
double posting...

i'm defining environmental variables using the export command but they
don't stick. if i add a new path to PATH it only lasts while i'm logged
into the machine. if i log off and then log in again and look at the
environment the new path in PATH is not there....

how do i make environment variables to "stick"?....

thanks.....

Imtiaz Ahmed Khan
Sr. System Consultant
ANTS Consultiing