Spam Filter

hanfamily at earthlink.net hanfamily at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 10:11:12 UTC 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Nilesh wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> I have some problem getting spam mail on the mail
> server,
> I have installed Redhat 8.0 and SendMail 8.12.5
> can anybody please tell me how do i installed spam
> filter
> Please Let me knoww.
>
> Thanks
> Nilesh.

Nilesh,
Look into procmail for filtering. There was alot of suggestions
on using procmail and different filters Hal even posted part of
his own about two weeks ago if you check the archives. I still
am saving spam to a folder instead /dev/null but so far it has
worked flawlessly  plus I now put redhat list in its own folder
so if I have email from family it doesn't get lost in the inbox.
                      Linda