How to get RPMs without up2date?

Hamilton Andrew Andrew.Hamilton at afccc.af.mil
Tue Feb 24 12:46:00 UTC 2004

I agree.  It is insufficient to most but the barest needs, but I think that
is the way it was designed.  RH only wants the current version of the RPMs
available via this utility.  I do understand the reasoning I guess, they
save bandwidth and it's probably easier to say that they don't support past
versions of RPMs and if you have issues with it then you should upgrade,
blah, blah, blah, you know what I mean.  It would be a nightmare to have to
support various applications and all their previous versions and I'm not
sure their structure supports even making them available.  I would think
that making them available might make support tougher because someone may
accidently get old versions of stuff and on and on...

Drew