Re: Apache question,

Yes there is annual fee for registering a domain. You can register the domain and everyhting will be done when you register it like pointing it to tour ip etc.
You can manitain your own DNS server too if you want to.

Aman

kluu te wrote:

I got my Apache up and running and can access the server through my static IP adress. But I want to register a domain to point to my server IP. How do I do it? Is there any annual fee to Internic or Versign? Can I maintain the domain name myself?
And do I need a DNS server locally or can I use my ISP DNS server?