fdisk cannot do partition on SP1203N/DOM.

Zhuanshi He zhuanshi at kjist.ac.kr
Thu Feb 26 07:16:04 UTC 2004

Yes, Sir. my BIOS can see this Samsung SP1203N/DOM is the second master HDD.
In addtion, output of command

dmesg | grep "^hd"

includes

hdc: SAMSUNG SP1203N, ATA DISK drive

So, I think my box can find this harddisk.

However, fdisk can not open /dev/hdc

and mkfs.ext3 -c /dev/hdc

shows:

mk2fs 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
mkfs.ext3: Input/output error while trying to determine filesystem size.

One thing I find is that if I just use this one disk to install redhat9.0, it
can be find by install program and
can be formatted. After connecting to the second master HDD, it looks fdisk
and mkfs.ext3 will not work.

I don't know why? I already tried 2 days.

Warm regards,

Z. He

hdc