Mail Server Software Suggestions?

Michael Gargiullo mgargiullo at warpdrive.net
Thu Feb 26 11:32:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:18, Tim Pickard wrote:
> I need to get a new mail server software for my organization.
>
> Parameters:
> Free or fairly cheap (<$250)
> Outlook compatable - (just to set out of office)
> Web Interface - on the road access.
> Reliable
> RHES3 supported
>
> What Software or combinations there of do you know meets these specs?
>
> Tim
>
> Tim Pickard
> Systems Support Analyst and Administrator
> 40 Salem Street
> Lynnfield, MA  01940
> p.781-295-0072
> f.781-295-0077
> tpickard at crossref.org

Everything you need can be Open Source.  sendmail (I recommend exim for
ease of configuration, it's a drop n replacement) courier imap,
spamassassin, squirrelmail (or horde, neomail).

I won't lie...  It will take some configuration, and tinkering.
Somethings like calander aren't yet fully developed.