Re: Kickstart problem

On Feb 26, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Rachid BOUKHARI wrote:

Hi,

I try to make a kickstart install of Redahat7.2 on PowerEdge 2650, I've
made a floppy bootdisk with the tg3 driver and a newest vmlinuz.
The client machine couldn't talk to dhcp server and hangs up with the
error: "pump told us no dhcp reply received"

Could be any number of things. Basically, it's telling you anaconda can't renew the dhcp lease. Examples of things that might cause it:

- Listing the wrong interface in ks.cfg (try eth1, if you have 2 nics)
- portfast being disabled on your switch (causes STP delays past the anaconda threshold) - dhcpd not running on dhcpd/pxe server (unlikely if you already grabbed the initrd)
- not using the correct driver (what is your nic?)
- not having the correct driver on your ramdisk (try initrd-everything)

Just a few of the things that have bitten me over the years in our pxe/kickstart/nfs build environment.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting