Login Timeout Problems

Mohamed Kerbachi Mohamed.Kerbachi at OTALGERIE.com
Fri Feb 27 04:46:01 UTC 2004

Try to fix a valid DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf
or just add the client ip in /etc/hosts like:

10.10.10.22  Client-ssh-PC

Because before letting you to open telnet-ssh or ftp connection Linux do a ReverseDNS lookup.

Good luck

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Kevin Goddard [mailto:kevin at realmworx.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 27 février 2004 06:27
À : redhat-list at redhat.com
Objet : Re: Login Timeout Problems

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the response.
It's not a network problem. I have 3 other computers (running older versions of Red Hat Linux) on the same network that don't have the problem.  Also this is happening on two identical machines
running Red Hat 9.0.  I did check to make sure keep alive was on in sshd_config, it is.  I'll try to SSH to another computer and see what happens. I don't have any direct access to the server easily,
but I will try and send someone down to login and try it.  The 131 seconds is from the /var/log/messages reports. I'm thinking it might be 120 seconds, and the 11 seconds is just a delay writing to
the log (maybe?).
I'll poke around some more, I just figured there must be some variable somewhere to stop people from idling in a window.
Thanks
Kevin